Skip to main content

Gratitude.

Today,dear reader,wordcompany takes form as a person with emotion,plagued with the same challanges that beset every man.With a deep sense of gratitude to the author of the universe,I can not help but reflect on my life as I have lived it thus far.
This morning I was in an auto crash which left several of us wounded.I however escaped without harm even though I was sitting in front,just behind the driver.It so happened that the driver had an epileptic siezure while driving and lost control of the vehicle as a result.With one very swift sweep of 180 degrees,we saw our selves colliding with the pavement of concrete along Lekki Epe express way.I was on my way to work.
Sitting back in my office with a disconsolate disposition,I can not help but beat myself  up over how much I should have done for my generation,that is still undone.I came out without harm but I have not stopped asking myself if I deserve such degree of mercy-I have not been as faithful to God and to purpose lately.
It is wisdom to judge myself.If today was my last day,what would I have told my maker?
I write this to say I am eternally grateful.Every little thing I have taken for granted popped to the surface to butress the fact that the my very existence is as divinely influenced as my escape from destruction this morning.

Heavenly Father,I put this for the world to see,Your faithfulness and loving kindness,
I thank you for my life,for preservation,
I have not thanked you enough,I doubt if I ever will be able to thank you enough
Not in one life time.
I do not take the blood sacrifice of Your son Jesus for granted.
Forgive me for ever taking my election and adoption in Christ for granted.
This (what happened today) to me is a warning and I will heed it promptly
This day you have shown me love,
with Your strong arm and outstretched hand You have delivered me.
I will sing your praise forever and declare your councel to the ends of the earth.
Indeed I am not perfect by a long shot but I want to live for you
I ask,Heavenly father,that you help me to grow.
More of you is all I desire...In Jesus' name I pray and give thanks.

If you have been inspired,I want you to take a minute and say a heart felt thank-you to the God of gods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Owner of the Office knows best.

Earlier this evening I decided to cook for the family. I wanted to prepare a local delicacy popular with the Enugu people of Eastern Nigeria. It is called Okpa. It is a pudding made from the flour of bambara nuts with palm oil, pepper and a little salt. You can add pepper to taste. My son is particularly fond of it. Well, my wife is the manager of the kitchen and the store. She went to church for clean up, leaving me and my boy at home. I decided to give her a helping hand. It was she who organized the store and it was she who really knew where what was kept. I invaded her office with good intentions. But you know how that saying goes that good intentions are not enough. I had never prepared Okpa myself but I have watched her do it several times. I can learn by observation so I knew what to do. I entered into the store and got the flour I used, combining it with the other ingredients and seasoning it to taste. It was going to be delicious and I felt proud of myself. I put it on the

Tests of purpose and vision- The sequel

Last time on this series, we examined four of twelve tests of purpose and vision- The test of apetite, pride, sex and money. Let's continue from where we stopped. As an addendum to the test of money, let me quickly say that most christians find it rather challanging to be faithful when it comes to money. Money is the only thing Jesus put in the god class when he said "you can not serve God and mammon". The problem believers have is the love of money which, as scriptures put it, is the root of all evil. We have seen (and we will always see) men do all sort of things for the sake of money. Believers have to be espeially areful in this area because what you do for immediate gain and satisfaction could cost you your destiny. Now to the next test- The test of Parenthood. Honour your parents (Eph 6:1-3). How you treat your parents affects your destiny either positively or negatively. The consequence of dishonouring your parents is not just a curse but the result of breaking

The Shift

Happy new year to all my esteemed readers around the world. We have, together, seen the end of the first decade of the 21st century and i have been doing alot of thinking and personal evaluation. I have come to the conclusion that there is a place where we are, or were, and there is a place where we ought to be, or are tending towards. One of the most significant things that will happen in the year 2011 is the shift. This shift will happen on a personal and global scale and the shaking will bring about mixed consequences. This shift i am talking about will be characterised by "seasons." Your control of your seasons will determine where you will end your shift process. There are certain things you must know about your season: every season has it's benefits no matter how gloomy every season has an opportunity for growth in all four dimensions of human consciousness viz: Imagination,conscience,will power and self awareness. You need the right tool to master your seaso